The following quick and easy tips are drawn from my personal experience. I hope they help make your life in the kitchen easier.
* For fast and easy defrosting…Freeze meat in small quantities. (ex. individual chicken parts and shape ground meat into patties.) By doing this you not only save time, but you will have better control over portions.
* Instead of marinating in a dish or pan; try putting your marinade and meat in a large resealable plastic bag. It will save you clean up time. Plus, turning will be easier.
* Try cooking in foil for easy clean up…Line pans and cookie sheet…Cook in sealed foil packets, etc.
* To save time chopping vegetables…buy them pre-cut.
* Buy pre-cooked and prepared products. Ex. mashed potatoes, rice, pre-skewered kabobs, pre-cut meat, bagged salads, etc.
* Use nice disposable paper or plastic plates.
* Make use of your crock pot. Just put a meat of your choice (beef roast, poultry, pork), hard veggies (carrots, root vegetables, etc), onions and/or garlic…cook on low all day. Be creative. Try using no meat or using a flavored soup or broth. The possibilities are endless!
Quick and Easy Salad Dressing:
This is great in a pinch
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Italian dressing with balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Pour over favorite salad greens.
Quick Dip: Mix an envelope of your favorite salad dressing with 16 ounces of sour cream, and one or more of the following; 8 oz. can/jar of chopped artichoke hearts (drained), 1 tsp. roasted garlic, small jar of roasted red peppers (drained), cooked and drained spinach, or chopped sun dried tomatoes.
Copyright © Lara Velez, Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved