Relationships break down when you don’t take the time to connect and communicate with your spouse. It is important that you schedule some regular time to rekindle and keep the romance alive. Below are 21 inexpensive romantic ideas for you and your sweetie. I hope they at least get your creative juices flowing!
21 Frugal Romantic Date Ideas For Busy Couples
1. Grab a blanket, picnic basket and head outdoors. Go to a park, the beach, or your backyard! You can do this any time. If it’s cold, dress warmly and pack hot beverages and food in thermoses.
2. When was the last time you went to the zoo without your kids? The both of you can take your time strolling through the area looking and learning about the animals and the zoo; things you could never appreciate when you’re with the kids.
3. Visit your local historic sites and museums. It’s a good way to refresh your memory, look at their exhibits and learn about your local history.
4. Take the scenic route for a drive to a nearby city. Get out and stretch your legs; explore the city and grab a bite to eat.
5. Look for quaint, family-owned local eateries. These places are usually small, cozy, and romantic and perfect for date night.
6. Check your area for free community festivals, fairs, farmers markets, events, etc. Many communities offer seasonal activities.
7. Does your city offer free music concerts in the park?
8. Look to your local colleges or high schools for plays.
9. Go on free tours of how chocolate is made or how beer is brewed, for example.
10. Bring the movies home when your kids are put to bed or when they’re having a sleep over at grandma’s house.
11. Lay under the stars and talk or get up early, watch the sun rise and enjoy breakfast in bed.
12. Watch a movie outdoors or go to a drive-in movie.
13. Visit an art gallery.
14. Go on trail walks and explore the great outdoors. Walking is good exercise and you’ll be amazed at how great you’ll feel.
15. Take a ballroom dancing class together…or another fun class.
16. Play a round of pitch and putt or miniature golf.
17. Play a board game. Have a tournament so you can both play weekly.
18. Camp out in your backyard; tell ghost stories, play cards, sing songs, eat junk food and drink a hot or cold beverage.
19. Bring out your favorite music, have lighted candles, bring out some appetizers and beverages and dance in your backyard.
20. Paint pottery together.
21. Stay in bed and talk.
There’s no such thing as being too busy. Make and schedule time for the person you love while you still have the ability to! Time goes by far too fast and waiting for another time may just be too late! Cherish the time you have!
Copyright © Lara Velez, Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved
Latest posts by Faith_Mom (see all)
- He Is and He WILL! - March 2, 2014
- 15 Ways to Exercise with a Busy Mom Schedule - February 27, 2014
- 30 Day Prayer Journey for Wives - February 26, 2014
- 21 Safety Tips For Girls and Women - February 25, 2014
- Recipes that Pack a Punch Without Packing on the Pounds! - February 23, 2014