I am thrilled about this awesome children’s book! Far too many of these “Bible Stories” books geared for kids are boring and predictable. NOT my Read and Rhyme BIBLE Storybook. This has to be the best one I have ever come across. I cannot say enough good things about it. LOL.
Let me share with you a few of the reasons it stands apart from others in its genre…
Note: after you read the many great reasons this book rocks, see how YOU can win a FREE copy at the end of this post!
The Pictures. They are simply wonderful. They are adorable, bright and almost have the appearance of being hand painted with water colors.
The Stories. For one, they rhyme. This is a major plus for my little one. It keeps her attention and it helps her remember what she has heard. Another great thing about the stories is that they are told in such a fun way. Very fresh, to the point and easy to read and listen to.
Educational Factor. With my Read and Rhyme BIBLE Storybook, you do not just get your average Bible stories. You are also getting an educational experience to share with your kids. They make it super simple for parents. At the end of each story, there are several opportunities the authors give you to enhance the reading experience, and help your child read. Each story has different learning opportunities. What you may find at the beginning and end of a story…
- I can learn these words. A few words are given to help beginning readers learn. These are actually located at the beginning of the story to help the child notice them AS you read it to them. Very clever.
- I can say these names and places. These are also at the beginning of the story and also help the child get the most out of the story.
- I can read these words. At the end of each story are several words that children can practice. Further enhancing the learning process.
- I can find the words that rhyme. Two columns of rhyming words are at then end of each story. They are words from the story that was just read. The child can read the word on the left column and find its rhyme on the right.
- I can answer these questions. A great way to incorporate reading comprehension. Something this homeschool Mom loves! They are simple, age appropriate questions to help your child comprehend what they just read.
Activities. There is an activity at the end of each story…after all the learning and comprehension exercises, they can now have FUN with the story. I have a very visual and hands on learner. She LOVES doing activities and it can be hard to be creative sometimes. Well, the authors have taken care of that FOR me! LOL!
My read and Rhyme BIBLE Storybook is so much more than a children’s book. It is a great tool for parents to teach their children the Word of God. I am a homeschool Mom and I believe this can be a Bible curriculum for preschoolers through Kindergarten. I will be using it for my Kindergartner this school year.
Copyright © Lara Velez, Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved
OK, so if you haven’t already stopped reading this review and started looking for where to buy it Online, I am giving away a FREE copy to one of our loyal readers!
What to Do to be Entered:
Leave a reply to this post using a valid email. Don’t worry, we never give your personal information away!
To Earn MORE entries for this book, do one or more of the following IN ADDITION to above.
NOTE: You must leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH additional entry type.
1. Join our Message Boards for 2 additional entries. Post an intro and get TEN additional entries! (12 total)
2. Follow me on Twitter @Faithful_Mommie (1 total)
3. Share the Give a Way on Twitter. It should read: @Faithful_Mommie My Read and Rhyme Bible Storybook Give a Way!! (1 total)
4. Add Moms of Faith to your blogroll. (5 total)
5. Write a post about this Give a Way and review with a link back to it. (5 total)
6. Subscribe to one of our Newsletters. (1 total)
Please Note: You MUST leave a comment to even qualify to enter the contest. All other entry types are optional.
Official Rules: You must be at least 18 and put a VALID email in the email section of the comment box. This is so we can reach you if you win!
Contest Ends: August 14, 2009. Winner will be announced sometime during the week of August 17.