When a woman’s way pleases the Lord, She makes even her enemies to be at peace with her. Proverbs 16:7
I can honestly say that I am NOT a people pleaser. I used to be. There was a time in my life when I would allow what others think influence me…even to the point of ignoring my own convictions. Praise God that I have been set free from that horrible trap.
Today, I could care less what people think of me. Really. You think I am loud? Sorry, God loves me. You think I am too honest? Sorry. I will not be a liar. Can you believe I lot a friend for being too honest???? I do not mean brutally honest…just honest.
I am ONLY accountable to Daddy God….NOT any man or woman on this planet. The same goes for YOU!
We do not need to be people pleasers. We should be God pleasers. If we keep our hearts right and do our best to do the right thing in every situation…even when it hurts, we will be blessed.
Becoming a God Pleaser Tips:
- Make God THE priority in your life
- Read the Word daily
- Honesty is always the BEST policy
- Think before you speak
- Do what you say you will do
- Be generous
- Listen to people
- Apologize when you are wrong
- Be quick to forgive
- Ask for forgiveness when you fail
- Love others more than yourself
- honor your husband
- stop complaining
- be thankful
- seek God first
- praise the Lord continually
- let go of this world and the things you KNOW God wants you to lay down
- live in light of eternity
- never give up
- love one another
- accept forgiveness
- forgive yourself
- train your children up to love the Lord
- be firm not wishy washy
- do not compromise for man
- Umm…did I mention Love??
Listen, none of us will never be perfect til we walk through the Pearly Gates. Thankfully, God is not looking for perfection. He is simply looking for willing vessels and He will do the rest!
Copyright © Lara Velez, Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved
Have a super blessed day!