Welcome to our FIRST Frugal Friday! We would LOVE for you to participate in this weekly blog carnival! Click Here for more information! OK, on to my tip for this week…
Limit use of Paper Products
The cost of paper products can really add up over time. Try eliminating their use all together…or at the very least, limit your use of them! Using less will not only help your wallet, it will be beneficial for the environment!
5 Tips to help you get started in using less paper products:
- Invest in cloth napkins (toss them in your regular wash load and reuse)
- use a rag or use your old newspapers to clean windows and mirrors
- use an old towel or wash cloth to clean up spills instead of a gazillion paper towels
- Use your china NOT paper plates. Sure, you have to wash dishes, however, there are ways to use less water to do this…but that is another week.
- invest in a plastic cup to rinse your mouth when brushing. Wash it regularly.
These are just a few ways to begin limiting the use of paper products. If you really think about it, you will soon realize how much you have been relying on these costly items that you really do not need!
OK, your turn to share your Frugal Tips…
Those are some great tips. I love using microfiber cloths to clean appliances, windows, and mirrors. It really cuts down on the need for Paper Towels. :)
Great Tip, Heather :)
Shelly Pierce says
Use soaker hoses to water your garden’s, trees, flower beds, etc.
I just started making my own laundry soap! And it costs so much less and cleans just as well! $.05 a load! Can’t beat that!