If you are a woman, you have had a bad hair day…I will even venture to say that you have probably experience quite a few bad hair days in your life! While it is inevitable that we WILL have bad hair days from time to time, we CAN take steps to limit them. We may even be able to avoid them all together in most cases!
Bad Hair Day Prevention Tips
When you have your back against the wall, and are between hair cuts or washings, these bad hair day prevention tips will really help you out!
- hats. find a hat that goes with your outfit and make use of it. even a baseball hat will work with the right outfit.
- ponytail or clip. pull it back with a scrunchie or pretty hair clip.
- bandanna or headband. wrapped around the head these can make for a nice modern look.
- fabric softener sheet. if your bad hair day is caused by static, this will help. simply rub it on your hair and scalp.
- avoid daily use of your blow dryer. the heat is very damaging to your hair. If you cannot live without daily use of the hair dryer, a lower setting may help.
- Make sure your hair is dry before going outside. wet hair can lead to frizzy hair.
- sleep on satin or silk sheets. avoid cotton. cotton promotes friction.
- use conditioner. however, rinse thoroughly or you will get the greasies.
- wide-toothed comb. hairbrushes tend to damage hair with their course ends
- NEVER brush wet hair. if you must, ONLY use a wide tooth comb, gently.
Choose the Right Haircut for your Face
Oval Faces. The oval face is the most versatile face. A person with an oval face can pull off almost any hair style. Hair styles that are flattering for oval faces are; Chin-skimming bobs, blunt bangs, long, wavy, and long layers.
Oval Faces Should Avoid Hair Cuts That…have short layers that add height on top of your head. Thick or curly hair, avoid a blunt cut. If you have curly hair, avoid a short cut. Stick with shoulder to long styles.
Long or “Oblong” Faces. long faced women should stick with hair cuts that add width. Hair styles that are flattering for long faces are; Brow-skimming bangs, chin-length bobs, and curls and waves also work well since they help add width to your face.
Long Faces Should Avoid Hair Cuts That…are long. Do not go longer than the shoulders. Also, you need to avoid super short hair styles. You need to stay in the mid range.
Round Faces. You want to make your face appear less round. Hair styles that are flattering for round faces are; cuts that fall just below the chin. Soft, chunky layers, wispy and tapered ends, and long bangs are flattering.
Round Faces Should Avoid Hair Cuts That…are all one length. Curly and short hair should be avoided.
Square Faces. Curls and choppy bottom layers are key. Long layers that start at the jawline and flow downward are also nice.
Square Faces Should Avoid Hair Cuts That…accentuate the squareness of your jaw. Avoid ALL bobs and blunt-cut bangs. Your jaw will appear even more square.
Heart Faces. You will want to bring out the upper part of your face. Hair styles that falls at or below your jawline is key. Long layers that graze your cheekbones work very well.
Heart Faces Should Avoid Hair Cuts That…are short. Also avoid blunt-cut bangs and choppy layers.
Hair Care Resource Sites:
As you can see, with a little effort, the right hair cut and accessories, we CAN avoid having a bad hair day!
Copyright © Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved
Do you have any hair care tips to help avoid having a bad hair day? Please reply here OR email them to me at Lara@momsoffaith.com