If you are like most families your grocery trips are one of your most expensive monthly “bills.” You hear about people saving tons of money and even getting items for free with coupons but you don’t know what to do. Here are a few tips to get you started.
First things first:
- You have to get the coupons!
- You can get some from the Sunday paper if you subscribe to it.
- You can find then in local grocery stores advertisements
- You can find places to print them offline.
- You can sometimes call, email or write companies and ask them for coupons.
Understanding types of coupons:
Manufacture coupons and Store coupons. Manufacture coupons are usually good at every store as the Manufacturing Company rebates the Grocery stores to take them.
Store coupons are put out by the grocery stores to help draw you in. Some stores are now accepting competitors (other stores) coupons. Ask the stores in your area if the take competitor coupons.
So now you have your stash of coupons and you should try to organize your coupons. I keep mine in an envelope in the car so I always have them with me. Coupons do you no good if you leave them at home.
Here are more tips to help you save big!
- Some stores double coupons, ask the stores in your area if they do and when.
- Wait to use a good coupon until the items goes on sale, you will save even more money.
- Sometimes a store will let you use more than one coupon per item, try it.
- Pay attention to expiration dates on your coupons.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up, for instance. My husband had 7 coupons each for $1 off of the Organics brand items at Safeway. The cashier tried to tell him he could only use one per trip. The coupon did not say that anywhere on it, so he told her that. She ended up having to let him use all 7 coupons.
Now it’s time to go shopping and save some money!!
About the Author: Cinnamon Henke a mom of 3 girls with big appetites. See how you can save even more money and earn money in the process by going to CinnamonHenke.com
Article Source: http://www.wahm-articles.com