Last week we discussed the Proverbs 31 woman. Isn’t she amazing? I know it’s hard to believe that one woman could do all of these things… but the truth is, I know a woman just like this. I grew up watching her live a life sold-out to the Lord! She would be the first one to tell you that she was far from perfect, but her hearts desire has always been to center her life in Christ. The wife of my youth pastor, she was (and is) my spiritual mentor and dear friend. This woman knows me better than anyone…and loves me anyways. We tell each other the truth, even when it hurts. And I can always count on her to let me know when I’m doing it right, and help me get back on track when I’m getting it wrong. Sadly, we live clear across the country from each other and I don’t get to curl up on her couch and share my weekly joys and sorrows anymore. But we do try to stay in regular contact. Still, its important to have someone that will look you in the eyes. So, not only do I keep in contact with my friend from afar, I also have a local friend that gets to ask me the “tough stuff.”
Here’s your Faith and Business 101 assignment for this week: Pray about and find an accountability partner. As a working mom, you need someone to help you stay the course while trying to manage your household from a faith-based perspective. You need someone to be 100% honest with you all the time. If you already have an accountability partner, you are a step ahead. Even so, its time to do a heart check.
After you have prayerfully considered an accountability partner, commit to asking each other these tough questions every week:
- Is it evident that Christ is the very center of your life?
- Are you spending time alone with God each day? Why/Why not?
- Are you in God’s word every day? Why/Why not?
- Are you struggling with any temptations?
- Have you participated in gossip this week?
- Are you spending quality time with your immediate family?
- Are you honoring God in your business and in your financial decisions?
- Are you eating healthy and getting regular exercise?
- Are you holding onto any anger or resentments?
- How is your marriage?
Until next time…
Copyright © MariLee Parrish, Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved