Do you have a great tip for Moms? They can be about anything (family friendly, of course) that pertains to a Mom’s life, including; beauty, kitchen, health, parenting, and so much more! Click Here to find out how YOU can join Moms of Faith’s Tuesday’s Mommy Tips!
NOTE: PLEASE read the rules. We have a few who are not posting to the ACTUAL TIP post on their blog. I need you to post your link to the actual TIP POST…NOT the main page of your site. THANK YOU!!
OK, on to this week’s Mommy tip…
Spiritual Growth for Children
Children need to know the Truth about the Lord just as much as adults…and in this ever increasing evil world, probably even more so! How can we help our children grow spiritually? I am glad you asked. Below are a few simple ideas to help Christian Moms teach their kids about walking in the spirit and obeying God’s Word.
- Pray daily. And, not just over food, Make sure they pray for friends, desires, before bed, and show gratitude to the Lord for big and small blessings throughout their day.
- Read the Word. Children should read the Word if they can read. There are Bibles for all ages in today’s world. Get and age appropriate one and encourage daily reading. If they are too little to read, then you can read a Bible story, Psalm or other passage to them.
- Go to church. Take your kids to church. Get them involved in age appropriate church events and programs. Many churches have Bible studies, activities, weekly events and more for different age groups. Take advantage of them and encourage your kids to go. If they balk at church activities, remember, YOU make the decision. We, as Mothers, are responsible for helping our children follow Christ as adults.
- Get involved. Participate. Some churches offer some sort of home group type program. If yours does, find one that fits your family’s needs.
- Volunteer. Encourage your children to care for others. Get them involved in feeding the homeless, helping special needs kids and activities that get them involved with helping others. Try and stay faith based so that you are guiding them down the Biblical path and not just the “humanitarian” path.
Keep in mind, our children will only grow spiritually, and benefit from the ideas above, if they see us walking it out before them! WE are the most important influence and Bible they will ever read in childhood. Period.
Copyright © Lara Velez, Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved
Great tips! We also like to listen to lots of Christian music – praise & worship – and even the kind that makes us dance around the living room. I love hearing my girls sing these songs while they are playing – and we all love to sing at the top of our lungs whenever we’re driving around. It is good to fill their hearts and minds with joyful music that glorifies God!
Melissa Multitasking Mama says
Those are great suggestions! I just found this meme and love it. Going to write a post now =)
Debbie – You know, the praise works. I put it on before I even wake up the girls and they are awakened to His presence and the aroma of coffee. LOL! Seriously though, it really does set the tone for the day.
Melissa – Cool! I am so happy you enjoy these tips every Tuesday. It is always a blessing when a reader takes the time to leave some feedback!!! :D
Hi Debbie, your right, having a bond with our children together with the praises and prayers to God is a great and tight bonding for us. And truly a powerful guidance for the growth of our children.