This week I just wanted to write out some simple things that help me greatly in my business and in my faith. I’m hoping these tips will do the same for you!
- Make a to-do list before going to bed each night. Write out everything you need to do for your business on one side of the paper and everything you need to do for your family on the other.
- Take 10 minutes and write out your menu for the next week. Believe me when I tell you how much time & money this will save you! I love looking at my menu posted on the refrigerator each day and knowing exactly what we’re having for lunch/dinner and that all the ingredients are bought and ready to go. This saves me time that I can spend on my business and/or with my family.
- Before you start checking off your to-do tasks the next morning, commit your work to the Lord and ask Him to bless your efforts.
- Visit Heartlight.org and have a scripture e-mailed to you each morning. I love to see this special little Word from God show up in my e-mail each morning. It stays in my inbox all day and I can meditate on this verse throughout the day.
- Create a “Power Hour” each day where you completely limit distractions. If you have young children, do this during nap time (or “rest time” as we call it at my house). Turn your phones off and set the timer for 60 minutes. Now see how many tasks you can complete in that 60 minute time frame. You’ll be amazed at how this turns into a “race against the clock!” It provides just enough momentum for me to work hard, work fast, and work well!
May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:17 NIV
Until Next Time…
Copyright © MariLee Parrish, Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved