1. Do you have a great logo? If not, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to have one created for you. There are many graphic designers online that will do this for a low cost. We have several of our Christian Mom Partners that will do this for less than $50. A great logo will help you stand out from the crowd.
2. Create a twitter account if you don’t already have one.
3. Start following reputable businesses and people on twitter using wefollow.com
4. Create a Facebook Fan Page for your business.
5. Find some online “social network” training to help you make the most of the sites you are using. Google things like “twitter for small business,” and “marketing my business online.” You don’t have to pay for great advice. There are a bunch of free tools online. Make sure the articles you read have been written fairly recently as social networks change very frequently.
6. Make a list of your dream clients. Who would you like to worth with in the coming months?
7. Contact at least 5 of those clients and let them know what you do and why you think working with you would be a great idea. Consider hand delivering (or mailing if the client is out of state) a gift basket full of sample products that you offer, if applicable. If not, brainstorm a creative way to get your dream clients’ attention.
8. If the clients you contact are not interested at this time, ask if you can follow up in a few months. (Don’t be offended or feel embarrassed if they say no. Use this as a learning tool and, if you have the opportunity, ask your client how you can make your services or products more beneficial to them.)
9. Add the remaining “dream-list” of clients to your calendar and contact them on the scheduled days.
10. Pray, Pray, Pray! Work hard and let God do the promoting! Make sure you are seeking the Lord in every endeavor and ask Him to bless your efforts.
Don’t work yourself into the spotlight;
don’t push your way into the place of prominence.
It’s better to be promoted to a place of honor
than face humiliation by being demoted.
Proverbs 25:6-7 MSG
Until next time….
Copyright © MariLee Parrish, Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved
Kelly Ann Taylor says
That is great advice, Marilee!
I just learned 2 new things;
1) wefollow.com Did not know about that!
2) Remembering that a mentor of mine had told me about sending a gift basket to a dream client.
Off to do these two things!
Thank you and God Bless!
Thanks so much, Kelly! Let us know how it goes! :-)