Call to me and I will answer you. I will tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own. Jeremiah 33:3
I think I have a good idea. What now?
Before you head back home to kids, playtime and happy and/or chaotic noise, you need to think through your action plan. Having a great idea won’t get you a thing if you don’t do something about it.
- Visualize your idea and write it down in paragraph form.
- Is there someone you trust that can listen to this idea and you believe could help make it even better? Write down their name.
- Is there anyone else you need to contact about this idea? Does it involve or effect anyone else? Write down their name or names.
- Write down a couple of resources you need to research this idea: websites, books you own or need to buy/borrow, co-workers, colleagues, etc.
- Give yourself a target date to have this completed.
- Go home and get started.
A great idea can truly take your business to the next level. I suggest planning at least 1 day every few months to brainstorm about your business. All you need is a few hours of time to think and pray.
As moms, its amazing how little time we get to actually think (beyond what’s for dinner, who goes where/when and what’s next on our list)! I have recently been astounded by that fact.
I’ve discovered that I have to actually schedule time to think!
To think “creatively,” that is.
I always come away from my own “brainstorming sessions” energized and excited to get to work on my idea. I hope you’ll take these guidelines to heart and find some great ideas for your own business.
Because we know that this extraordinary day is just ahead, we pray for you all the time—pray that our God will make you fit for what he’s called you to be, pray that he’ll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something. If your life honors the name of Jesus, he will honor you. Grace is behind and through all of this, our God giving himself freely, the Master, Jesus Christ, giving himself freely. 2 Thessalonians 1:11 MSG
Until next time…
Copyright © MariLee Parrish, Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved
Great advice! I’m off to read the first two now. :) Thx
Thanks Dana! :-)
I like your ideas…I think really sharing your ideas with someone else and gaining support is key! It also can help you gain confidence when someone else believes in you!