Just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7
I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving with your family and friends yesterday! Many of us will be serving up leftovers and heading out to the stores today to get the best deals on all things Christmas.
Today is the infamous “Black Friday” where businesses everywhere hope to make enough sales to “get back in the black” and turn a profit before the end of the year. I’d like to encourage you to support Christian Small Business owners this year instead of spending all of your shopping money at large superstores and malls.
A few reasons why you should support Christian Small Business owners this year:
- The Small Business owner is usually producing the higher quality gifts and better services.
- When you buy mass market products from a superstore, that doesn’t mean you’re getting a better product. It’s the smaller businesses that guarantee their products to last for years to come, saving you money in the long run.
- As Christians support one another in business, a portion of that income is going back into churches and ministries everywhere.
- The economy is very tough right now, why not give back by supporting a brother or sister in Christ?
How can you do this?
- Shop your local Christian bookstore
- Find a local Christian Business Directory or The Shepherd’s Guide and shop with the advertisers included.
- Ask your church friends for referrals. You may have a seamstress, an artist, a crafter, etc. in your midst at church that you didn’t even know about!
- Visit the Mommy Bag Marketing Gift Guide which is full of gifts and services specifically from Christian Business Owners nationwide. Avoid the hustle and bustle altogether and shop from the warmth of your own home!
Until next time…
Copyright © MariLee Parrish, Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved
Leave a Reply