Today is part ten of our Spring Cleaning series! If you missed any of the series, no worries, click here to see all of our spring cleaning articles.
When you think about spring cleaning you probably imagine the big jobs. You think about cleaning the kitchen. Maybe you visualize the closets or your basement. Perhaps the garage is on your list. Most people don’t think about their bedroom. However, you spend a lot of time in your bedroom. A clean bedroom means better sleep. It means a cleaner home. And the good news is, it’s one of the easier rooms to spring clean.
Quick Reference Bedroom Cleaning “to do” List:
- Clean ceiling fan.
- Using your vacuum cleaner extension, vacuum corners of the room from the ceiling down.
- Dust all furniture.
- Dust lamps and bulbs. Be careful to not get cleaner on light bulbs. It’ll make them burn out more quickly.
- Use a soft cloth and furniture polish on all bedroom furniture.
- Remove curtains and wash according to instructions. If you have blinds or shutters, dust/wash with a damp cloth.
- Vacuum floor. If you have a steam cleaner, steam clean the carpets.
- If you have hardwood or tile flooring, sweep then mop the floors.
- Change your linens. Spring is the perfect time to put on lighter linens. Replace the flannel with a light weight cotton. Change the bedspread to a lighter, more spring like color or texture.
- Flip your mattress. Vacuum your mattress.
- Clean under your bed. Move it and vacuum underneath it too.
- Clean your windows and mirrors.
- Open your windows and clean the tracks.
- Using your vacuum cleaner attachment, vacuum heating vents/radiators.
- With a clean damp cloth and a bucket of soapy water, wash any marks off of your walls.
- Clean out your drawers/closet. Using the four container method clean out your closet. This is a quick process if you do it twice a year. The four container method is as follows: Keep, sell, donate, trash. If you haven’t worn something in a year or more it needs to go.
- Dust your shoes if they’re not tucked away in storage containers.
Bedroom Spring Cleaning Tips:
Group like tasks. For example, when you’re dusting, dust everything. When vacuuming, vacuum everything from ceiling to floor.
Clean your closet last. This is usually the place where a lot of what you find will go. Saving it for last makes life easier.
Make it fun. Listen to praise music. Open the curtains and/or windows to let the light and fresh air in. Reward yourself for a job well done.
Set a time limit. Give yourself an hour to accomplish your bedroom spring cleaning.
Gather your tools and cleaners in advance. As, I have mentioned in past articles, this saves you loads of time.
Your bedroom is one of the easier room for spring cleaning. It doesn’t take long. It’s fairly easy and you’ll feel like you’ve accomplished something. It’ll help you get in the cleaning mood and ready to tackle the rest of your home. Plus, it is a place of rest. If it is in chaos, it will be hard to find rest. If you are married, a clean bedroom will make for better intimacy as well. No stressful clutter to interfere! :)
The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich. – Proverbs 13:4 (NKJV)
cleaning service Nashville says
It may seem like a lot of work to be done – but this is what it takes if you want to maintain the cleanliness of your abode especially your bedrooms. This helps us appreciate how our mothers or professional cleaners do just to keep thing organized and germ-free for us. Let us do our part in keeping the cleanliness of our spaces to avoid losing things and getting sick due to bacteria.