As we age our metabolism slows down and we don’t lose weight or burn as many calories like when we were younger. For women, the extra weight usually sits around the midsection and hip area.
Doing daily aerobic exercises and resistance training will give your metabolism a boost. The higher intensity workout, the more fat-burning you’ll achieve thus maintaining a higher metabolism longer.
Eating certain foods to rev up your metabolism is another way to go about maintaining a healthy weight.
These 8 Foods Will Help Boost Your Metabolism
1. You tell your kids to have a good and nutritious breakfast every day because it helps in keeping your kids focused. Kids who eat breakfast have better attention spans and do better in school.
Skipping breakfast slows your metabolism and your body starts to store fat because it thinks it’s in starvation mode. Our bodies are complex, but also very smart.
Eating whole grains like having a bowl of oatmeal with sprinkled cinnamon on top is a great start to your day and because this is a slow releasing carb, it’ll keep you fuller for a longer period.
Eat more protein and fiber as it takes your body longer to digest it which means your metabolism needs to work harder.
2. Green tea is rich in antioxidant and it revs up your metabolism.
3. Snack on almonds as they contain alpha-linolenic acid which helps in speeding up metabolism. They are a good source of protein.
4. Eat an orange or grapefruit daily. Both of these fruits burn fat and keep your metabolism up.
5. Eat more fish because they contain omega-3 fatty acids. There are other foods to eat if you don’t like fish. There are walnuts, eggs, Brussels sprouts, spinach, and kale.
6. Women need more calcium in their diets. Broccoli is a great choice as it’s also high in vitamins C, K and A with good source of fiber, folate and antioxidant. Some more calcium rich foods are cauliflower, spinach, cabbage, tofu, seeds from chia, sesame and flax, almonds, beans, quinoa and low fat or nonfat milk, yogurt and cheeses.
7. Spice up your foods with chilies, hot pepper, cayenne, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, black pepper, and turmeric.
8. Detoxification and cleansing of the body is necessary. It’s hard for the liver to function properly when it’s overburdened by toxins which leads to weight gain and other health problems. Drinking cold water increases your metabolism to burn fat more quickly and flushes out toxins.
I hope these 8 tips help you on your endeavor to lose weight–or at the very least maintain a healthy weight!
Copyright © Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved