I have been homeschooling for over 14 years now, and if I would have had a Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminator in the early years, life would have been far easier and less expensive! I am thrilled to have had the opportunity to try one of these great products out!
There are so many things a homeschool Mom can use it for: laminating favorite pictures, schedules, flash cards, charts, study guides,etc. It also can be a great tool for organizing and creating name tags and signs.
One thing that I did that REALLY helped me and cut the cost of ink, paper and time was to laminate my homeschool daily meal plan. I used to print out the chart and then write directly on the paper week after week. With my nifty new Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminator, I have made this process MUCH easier! Now, I simply laminate ONE blank meal plan sheet and use a dry erase marker to fill it in each week. It is fabulous, saves money for ink and paper– and makes life a lot easier for me.
Another thing I did was laminate one of my 2nd grader’s blank handwriting papers. Rather than have her use a new sheet every day, we can now practice on ONE sheet with a dry erase marker. This will save me money on paper and allow her to easily erase and practice over and over without wasting more paper! Save the trees, be frugal and buy a Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminator! :)
There are so many things you can laminate to make your life easier as a homeschool Mom.
Here are a few quick ideas:
– Have your child draw a fun picture of their favorite snacks. Laminate it and then you will have an easy clean up place mat for snacks and lunch.
– Either print out or have your child draw a plant, animal, geographical location, or even a person. Laminate and use a dry erase to label parts, anatomy, etc. Sky is the limit for this type of thing…
– If you have your child create a phonics book (or any book), laminate the pages for durability and longevity.
– Give paper type collages extra pizazz and help them last longer by laminating. (only flat collages…not ones with beads, etc.)
– Laminate a blank page for a dry erase mad lib, hangman or other game for break time or just for fun.
You can laminate many things for school, home, work, and fun. Click here for many more ideas for home, school and work!
There are a few features that I really like about this laminator;
HeatGuard™ Technology: Double-walled insulation keeps heat inside so laminator is comfortable to touch, making it safe for homes with children.
Advanced Temperature Control: Hot and cold laminating capabilities ensure consistent, smooth results every time.
Jam Release Lever: Permits easy removal or re-centering of stalled pouches.
My favorite is the heat guard. It makes me feel good to know that they made sure to keep children’s safety in mind when designing it!
I am sure by now you are ready to run out and buy one of these Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminators… but wait! Until August 25 (2012), you can get $30 off regular price ($159.99) at Staples.com by using the exclusive coupon code: 87298! (while supplies last; maximum two machines per person)
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Fellowes and received a product sample to facilitate my review. However, my opinions are my own.