Over the years I have dealt with eye rolls, been the butt of jokes, and have appeared to some as a warrior against germs! I will do anything in my power to prevent sickness from invading our home. There is nothing worse than sick kids… no, I take that back… there is NOTHING quite as horrid as a sick HUSBAND!!! *insert ominous music*
I am also THE Lysol wipe queen! I use them for so may things! They are a great way to quickly and easily disinfect something–or even wipe down a dusty keyboard. There are so may ways to use these awesome little germ killers! I just love them!
A few ways I use them:
- Wipe down the bathroom sink and counters between cleanings. (You know how the kids like to draw with toothpaste? Er… Or is that only my house??)
- Clean my keyboard.
- Clean ick– like crayons off the walls.
- Clean my dry erase board. NOTHING I have tried works better.
- I also carry them with me everywhere. You never know if you will have an emergency, accidental spill, etc.
- And many, many, MANY more ways!
So, when I heard about Lysol’s Healthing Initiative, I jumped at the chance to participate, and share it with all of you!
LYSOL is introducing the concept of Healthing – a new idea centered on keeping families as healthy as possible, by looking beyond just cleaning and ensuring that the proper steps are taken to stay well…
LYSOL Healthing Tips
1. Don’t let spring cleaning overwhelm you – take it one room at a time and stock up on products that will help you to get the job done effectively, including LYSOL® products, paper towels, sponges, and trash bags.
2. Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting! Both are important components of the Healthing process and LYSOL® has products that can help with all related tasks. While cleaning and organizing is certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between members of the family.
3. Start with the basics – wipe down easy to reach surfaces and then move onto the little nooks and crannies.
4. Remember to dust around wall art, photographs and woodwork.
5. Use a disinfectant product, like LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes, to help ensure you’re killing germs as you clean, and think beyond the usual places. Be sure to clean even the smallest surfaces, such as light switches.
6. Don’t forget to disinfect places that you don’t see or think about often, like the door knobs, cabinet handles or sink drains.
7. Make it a family activity and tailor tasks to specific age groups. Give younger children simpler, one-step tasks like dusting or picking toys up off the floor, and save the more complex jobs, such as vacuuming, scrubbing, and disinfecting for older members of the family.
8. Remember to practice proper hand washing as well after you clean, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer. Hand washing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Yes, I may be “that mom” who has pocket sanitizers and Lysol wipes in her purse, but I am proud to be her! I know that I am doing my best to help my kids stay healthy and stop the spread of icky germs!
For more information on Lysol’s Healthing Initiative, visit any or all of the following links:
Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating. However, all opinions are my own.
Christina Kelbel says
I like the Clorox wipes, I have never tried the Lysol wipes.