A great way for a Mom to connect with her daughter is to have a beauty day. It’s fun, girly and filled with opportunity for memories! This is a great idea for ANY age!
Tips to Create a frugal spa day at home
- Plan a date. If you have boys in the house, send them out for the day with Dad.
- Place scented candles around your house to create a relaxing ambiance.
- Homemade Facials. Here are a few recipes…
Mix together 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal, 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, and 5 drops liquid honey in a bowl. Apply to your face and allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes. Finish off by rinsing with warm water followed by a moisturizer.
With the following ingredients (oatmeal, warm water, yogurt, honey, and one egg white), make a thin mud type mixture and apply it thinly to your face. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, or until you feel a tightening, then rinse with warm water.
This decadent chocolate mask is actually an excellent moisturizer. I found this one at spaindex.com. Mix following ingredients until smooth; 1/3 cup cocoa, 3 tblsp. heavy cream, 2 tsp. cottage cheese, 1 cup of honey, 3 tsp. oatmeal powder. Relax for ten 10 minutes, then wash off with warm water.
Watch a chick flick while waiting for your facials to absorb.
- Give each other a manicure and pedicure. Put on some of your daughter’s favorite music while doing mani/pedis. Yes, HER favorites.
- Ask her how her day was. Try and learn more about her.
- Share some spiritual insights without seeming preachy.
The point is to spend quality time with your daughter and build a strong bond. Start young and you will stay connected even through the coming years of puberty. If you are getting a late start, no worries…it is NEVER too late to love your daughter and get to know who she is!
Enjoy your girls, Moms!
Copyright © Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved