Beauty is skin deep. It’s where it starts. If you take care of yourself internally by eating healthy, then your skin will show it. When you have bad eating habits, that can show on your skin too. There are a lot of great natural skin care products out there, but it often means spending quite a bit of money. There are other cost effective ways to do the same with ingredients found in your pantry and kitchen.
Before I tell you how you can use ingredients found in your kitchen, let’s look at some other factors that can cause wrinkles and make you look older. Plus, some beauty tips on correcting them.
10 Things that Make You Look Older and the Fixes
1. The older you are, the less elastic your skin becomes. So sleeping on your face is not an ideal sleeping position. One night of sleeping on your face isn’t going to cause wrinkles, but sleeping that way for a number of years will. The best position is sleeping on your back as sleeping on your side will also cause wrinkles.
2. Drink water daily to hydrate your body. Your body is made up largely from water so it makes sense to replenish with water. How much is enough? It makes more sense if you divide your body weight by two and then drink half of the amount of your body weight in ounces. For example, if you’re 170 lbs, you need to drink 85 ounces of water daily.
3. Always remove your make-up at night. The last thing you want is clogged pores and it’s just plain awful.
4. If you smoke, stop! It’s horrible for your skin, teeth, fingers, breath…need I say more?
5. Use sunscreen on your face with at least a SPF 15. There are many facial moisturizers have that SPF in it so it doesn’t feel heavy or feel like you have sunscreen on.
6. Wear sunglasses and/or hat to prevent squinting and to protect your eyes from the UV rays.
7. Exfoliate your skin often to remove dead skin and to stimulate new skin cell growth.
8. Get enough sleep to prevent dark circles or bags under your eyes. When you’re tired, your skin also looks tired and lifeless.
9. De-stress by exercising, meditating or whatever you do to relax. Exercising gets your blood circulating and gives you a healthy glow. Find some time to relax.
10. Don’t exaggerate your facial expressions by making frown creases on your forehead, raising your eyebrows or squinting. Also, don’t rest your chin in the palms of your hands or put your hand against your face to hold up your head.
Kitchen Beauty, Skin and Honey…Oh My!
Not everyone can afford to go to the spa regularly…at least I can’t! LOL! No problem! There are frugal ways you can have your own little spa days at home. Below are some easy ways to use honey and some items from your kitchen pantry to create some homemade and fabulous anti-aging masks…
Honey has many benefits when used on the skin. It’s an antioxidant and anti-microbial; it can treat minor irritations and sun burns.
To create a face mask using honey you can use it alone, one or a combination of these ingredients. Puree or mix the ingredients into a smooth or consistent paste and apply it to clean skin. You can also add 1-2 drops of essential oils or finely chopped herbs like mint, cinnamon, sage, nutmeg, parsley and etc. Leave the mask on anywhere from 5 – 60 minutes and rinse off with cool water. Tip: You can also use a bit of extra virgin olive oil to moisturize.
Homemade Honey Face Masks…
Use 1 tablespoon of organic honey with any of the following:
For Dry Skin
– Plain yogurt
For Oily Skin
– Apple and Sage – Good for acne too
– Egg yolk. Use egg white alone to tone and tighten your skin. It’s good for normal to oily skin.
For All Skin Types
– Cucumber and Almond Butter
You can also use milk, brown sugar and honey as a gentle exfoliator.
There are many other combinations of face masks you can create at home. Don’t forget to test first as you don’t want end up with any allergic reaction which can happen. :)
Do you have any beauty tips to share?
Copyright © Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved