Your skin and physical appearance can take a beating over the years, so it’s imperative to take care of yourself inside and out to prevent premature aging.
21 Ways to Fight Aging
1. Water not only replenishes lost fluids, but removes toxins from your liver. Water is a natural detoxifier; it helps regulate your body temperature and many other benefits. You should drink plenty of it.
2. Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies. It’s not only great for your health, but for your skin and hair as well.
3. Limit your intake of caffeine. It also acts as a diuretic so for each cup of java you drink, drink the same amount of water. There is caffeine in many foods, so be aware of how much intake of caffeine you’re getting.
4. Limit your intake of refined sugars, and skip the diet or processed food products.
5. Limit your intake of alcohol, or don’t drink at all.
6. Don’t smoke, and if you do, quit! It’s bad for your skin, hair, teeth, your overall physical appearance–and you know what it does to your insides–especially your lungs. Smoking causes cancers and that’s a fact.
7. Don’t do drugs. It will age you faster than a banana sitting in the hot sun.
8. Get plenty of sleep nightly to avoid bags and dark circles under your eyes. It also helps you to lose/maintain your weight.
9. Avoid stress as much as you can. When you’re stressed, it shows on your face, how you carry yourself, and how you think.
10. Take care of your skin. Have a good facial skin care routine including exfoliating your skin regularly to remove dead skin cells. This will encourage new skin cell growth, and it will help your skin and face look brighter and more youthful.
11. Avoid excessive exposure to the sun. It’s OK to get a little bit of sun to produce vitamin D which is essential to your well-being, but over-doing it can be more harmful than helpful. Use a natural sunscreen, and avoid any with paragons and other harmful chemicals.
12. Physical exercise is an integral part of living a healthy life, and to reduce the aging process. Always make time to put physical activity into your busy schedule.
13. Always moisturize your skin, especially your face. Use a lighter moisturizer in the daytime and richer cream at bedtime. It’s best to moisturize your body after lightly patting dry after a shower or bath.
14. If you act young, you’ll feel young. Exercise your brain to stay alert and mindful.
15. Increase your intake of superfoods that are rich in antioxidants and omegas–such as: salmon, blueberries, pomegranates, cinnamon, turmeric, cranberries, sweet potatoes, apples, cruciferous vegetables (such as cauliflower, broccoli, and cabbage), and more.
16. Use mineral and/or organic beauty products that are better for your skin.
17. Visit your dentist every six months or so for cleanings and dental check ups.
18. Choose lean meats; limit your intake of red meats and choose chicken or fish.
19. Laugh more often. Don’t take things too seriously.
20. Eat more food that contains good minerals such as nuts, lentils, and legumes.
21. Put a time limit on using electronic devices–and yes, that includes your smartphone.
Copyright © Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved
Beeb Ashcroft says
I definitely feel that stress has aged my face at least 10 years, lol. I’m working on taking good care of my health and hopefully looking a bit younger will be a side effect. :)