The fact is: stress is part of every mom’s life. However, too much stress is downright unhealthy! It causes sickness, headaches, wrinkles, unnecessary yelling, frown lines, and bad moods all around! It is no way to live! I pray that these 102 tips help you to de-stress, refocus, and channel your energy in a healthy way!
102 Ways for Busy Moms to De-Stress
1. Lose weight.
2. Join a club or ladies group.
3. Start a hobby.
4. Learn something new.
5. Read a book.
6. Take a bubble bath.
7. Go for a drive.
8. Take a few long, slow, deep breaths.
9. Get a pet. Pet the pet.
10. Write your biography.
11. Eat some chocolate. (Not too much though– it adds blubber to the thighs!)
13. Go for a walk.
15. Laugh more.
16. Have sex more. (If you are married, of course!)
17. Drink more water.
19. Scream into a pillow.
20. Start kickboxing.
21. Listen to your favorite music.
22. Be thankful.
23. Listen more.
24. Get active.
27. Let go of the past.
28. Make a life list and do your best to accomplish it.
30. Read the Bible.
31. Pop some bubble wrap!
32. Fly a kite.
33. Have a tickle fight with your kids.
34. Blow bubbles.
35. Lay in the grass with your kids, look up and find cloud animals!
36. Stop and smell the roses.
37. Toss the schedule for a day!
38. Forget trying to figure out what to cook for dinner–order takeout.
39. Eat a healthy breakfast.
40. Put fresh flowers around the house.
41. Buy a plant.
42. Brush your teeth.
43. Play more.
44. Exercise your brain…try Sudoku, a crossword puzzle, etc.
45. Drink some herbal tea.
46. Get a massage.
47. Go for a mani/pedi.
48. Get a stress ball and use it.
49. Try aromatherapy.
50. Dance in the rain.
51. Think positive.
52. Get a facial.
53. Clean the house and/or get organized.
54. Buy a new outfit, new pair of shoes, or something just for you!
55. Get a new hair do!
56. Limit caffeine.
57. Talk about what bothers you. Get it out! Do not hold onto it!
58. Ask for help!
59. Call a friend.
60. Count to 10 backwards.
62. Learn to say no.
63. Make yourself a priority. No one benefits when Mom is losing it!
64. Take a nap.
65. Go to a movie.
66. Clean out a purse. (You never know what you may find! LOL!)
67. Do a 1000+ piece puzzle.
68. Bake something.
69. Send the kids to Grandma’s for the night.
70. Go away for the weekend.
71. Play the quiet game, or schedule a daily quiet time for your kids…. er Mom!
72. Get a good night sleep.
73. Lighten up.
74. Play dolls or cars with your kids. BE a kid with them as often as you can!
75. Go shopping.
76. Redecorate… or rearrange your furniture if money is tight!
77. Affirmations. Write them. Find them. Read them. Post them. Speak them. Remember them!
78. Color with your kids.
79. Crochet, knit or sew something.
80. Scrapbook your pictures.
81. Go on a date with hubbie if you are married. If you’re not, do something you enjoy… alone!
83. Go on a date with one of your kids.
84. Chew gum.
85. Light a candle.
86. Have that piece of cake on occasion.
87. Make a schedule if life is too chaotic.
88. Plant a tree.
89. Go feed the ducks with the kids. Hint: spring means BABY duckies!!!!
90. Finger paint! Who doesn’t like finger painting!? ;) VERY stress FREE!
91. Start something.
92. Clip coupons.
93. Take the kids to the park.
94. Take a class.
95. Go for a run.
96. Go karaoke with some friends.
97. Have a girls night out. Eat like diets are illegal and see a chick flick! FUN!
98. Pick a country/culture and learn about it. Involve the kids if you want too as well.
99. Don’t step on the scale for a whole day. LOL!
100. Do that thing you keep saying you will/need to do!
101. Join a Bible Study, or have a daily devotional quiet time!
102. Finally, enjoy the craziness of Motherhood and realize you are not and NEVER will be perfect… however, you are and always will be FABULOUS!
In closing, remember not to take everything so serious. Children are a GIFT from the Lord! It is OK to be silly, relax and be yourself. It is also OK to ENJOY your kids! I know when I am laughing and spending time with my kids I am at my happiest–and least stressful moments in life!
Please feel free to add your own tips in the comment section if I missed anything!
Cast your burden on the Lord –releasing the weight of it, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). – Psalm 55:22
Copyright © Lara Velez, Busy Moms of Faith ®, All Rights Reserved
Mrs Terri Thomas says
#This was so right on time…i will be referring back to this list!!!
Great tips! A lot of these are common sense but I don’t think to do them. Lol!